Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I need a title...

Lately it seems like I look around and see nothing but heartaches, challenges, and difficulties all over!  Doom and gloom style.  I get the sense these days that my "who I am when no one looks" person is delving more and more into negativity...  Uh oh!  
What?!
I'm an optimist though!  This down and out aspect to my life is unwanted...except that it helps me grow.  Rats, there's that optimism coming through again!
I still see beauty in life.  I can still appreciate the creativity in things I see and know gladness that I experience God-given pleasure.  I know that at the core of everything God is still the King of the Universe and in control.  In the chaos God is still there.  
Is it just me, or am I on a theme these past few weeks?!  I'm ready to have different thoughts that I blog about...  Maybe it's time to pay closer attention to those creative, light-hearted things I come across.  :)
Something to work on-and post!
(And maybe it'll even be something with a picture!)

4 comments:

-Tiffany said...

I hear you! It's definitely a choice...whether we choose to dwell on the doom & gloom or chaos in our lives versus choosing to see these times as a period of refinement and a chance to grow in God, making us all the more reliant on Him and not ourselves (or others). They are opportunities to get our priorities in line with Him who knows every outcome and has total control!

Shannon said...

Timmery, I know you have a ton of free time right now to read...:) As we all do who are in seminary. But you have got to pick up this book called Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist. Your bog reminded me of it so much! She talkes about the heartaches of life and living in the discipline of celebration in the midst of it. It is a really easy read. Very refreshing!

Timmery said...

Thanks for the book suggestion! It's funny that you should recommend that to me... I was reading YOUR blog and saw you had mentioned-it looked interesting. I was at Barnes & Nobles earlier today and was thinking about it but had forgotten its name... :) Now I'll doubly be sure to check into it!

danielle said...

yay for including pictures! i think that's what mine usually are: light-hearted things i come across...at least for the time being